The moment has come to start writing your first post in the portfolio.
Both, Camila and I, have already introduced what a portfolio is and you have worked on understanding what producing a portfolio is and you have also visited portfolios created by the students who are in senior 5 now.
To start with, let’s have a look at the brainstorming we did last class on all the topics and activities worked on during the first term.
Today, you are going to choose a learning experience and write and reflect on that.
To carry out this activity, you are going to follow the 3 steps Camila and I have told you about:
- Description of the learning experience
-Describe the activity in detail. (what it was about, how it was carried out)
-Include the activity
2. Reflection on the learning experience
- Why did you select this piece?
- Why should this sample be included in your portfolio?
- I chose this piece because ….
- What are the strengths of this work? Weaknesses?
- What would you work on more if you had additional time?
- How has your ______ (e.g., writing) changed since last year?
- How did you get “stuck” working on this task? How did you get “unstuck”?
- One skill I could not perform very well but now I can is ….
- From reviewing this piece I learned ….
- What is one thing you can improve upon in this piece?
- What is one way you will try to improve next time you work on this kind of task?
- One thing I still need to work on is ….
- I will work toward my goal by ….
3. Connection to the real world, your personal life or any other subject.
Sharing ideas through twitter
Choose a phrase from this poster and send a tweet using the following hashtags: