We have all read quitea lot about Act 1.
Now, let`s work on the following quotations.
-Who said it?
-What is going on?
-What implications can you see?
-Any language iem that calls your attention?
- “Enter Alfieri, a lawyer in his fifties turning gray; he is portly, good-humoured, and thoughtful”
- “In this neighbourhood to meet a lawyer or a priest on the street is unlucky. We’re only thought of in connection with disasters, and they’d rather not get too close.”
- “…there were many here who were justly shot by unjust men. Justice is very important here.”
- “And with them new high heels on the sidewalk – clack, clack, clack. The heads are turnin’ like windmills”
- “With your hair that way you look like a Madonna, you know that? You’re the Madonna type.”
- “Just remember, kid, you can quicker get back a million dollars that was stole than a word that you gave away.”
- “Who’s mad?…I’m not mad…You’re the one is mad”
- “I’ll tell you boys it’s tough to be alone,
And it’s tough to love a doll that’s not your own.”
- “Eddie has risen, with iron control, even a smile. He moves to Catherine. What’s the high heels for, Garbo?”
- “When am I gonna be a wife again, Eddie?”
- “…you’re not a baby any more… you gotta be your own self more…”
- “Catherine… turns with some fear, with a discovery, to Beatrice. She is at the edge of tears, as though a familiar world had shattered.”